Conference Description from Ligonier:
As has been true in every generation, the church today faces many challenges from the world. The intellectual and moral opposition that we face can seem overwhelming at times, which is why we need to remember that Christ has already overcome this opposition. By His life, death, and resurrection, our Savior has conquered our enemies, and by His Spirit He has granted us to share in the victory. The Lord, in His Spirit, comes alongside us to strengthen us for the battles we face. This strengthening occurs as we are grounded in His truth (John 17:17).
The 2014 Ligonier Ministries West Coast Conference theme is Overcoming the World: Being a Christian in a Post-Christian Culture. Steven Lawson, Stephen Meyer, Albert Mohler, R.C.Sproul Jr., and R.C. Sproul consider what the Scripture says about confronting worldliness, defending the faith, living as a faithful remnant, and understanding biblical ethics.
The following topics were addressed:
- Big Brother Is Watching You by R.C. Sproul Jr.
- Sexual Devolution by Albert Mohler
- War of the Worldviews by R.C. Sproul Jr.
- To the World, Folly and a Stumbling Block by Steven Lawson
- The Moment of Truth by Steven Lawson
- Questions & Answers
- Welcome to the Machine by Albert Mohler
- Darwin: A Myth for the Post-Christian Mind by Stephen Meyer
- Post-Christian Christianity by R.C. Sproul
- The Evangelistic Zeal of George Whitefield by Steven Lawson
- The Poetic Wonder of Isaac Watts by Douglas Bond
- Suffering and the Sovereignty of God by R.C. Sproul Jr.
This conference may be viewed online at Ligonier.org.